Wednesday, March 30, 2016

How do I bring up my grade? 9th Lit

Hello All,

I've had several students ask, "How can I bring up my grade?" so let's talk about it.

  1. Students have a test over the Odyssey tomorrow.  They have all of the material they need to succeed, provided they have done the reading and completed their summaries and guided reading notes.  They can use these things to study.
  2. I sent home a Spring Break Optional Writing Assignment.  It is due the Monday we come back from break.  It is live on turnitin.com now.  If you have below an 85 in the class, I would not view it as optional ;)
  3. I sent home EOC Incentive Contracts.  You can sign and return this tomorrow for a little bit of extra credit.  If you come to the 4 of 5 tutoring sessions, work hard, and positively participate, you can earn an extra test grade.  You can also complete practice tests on usatestprep.com. 
After we get back, we have our Romeo and Juliet Unit, the EOC, and we'll end with Lord of the Flies.  That's another 2 unit tests, 2 writing assignments, and a handful of quizzes.  It's not a lot and not a lot of time.  If you want to bring your grade up, the time starts now.

I believe in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment