Sunday, September 10, 2017

Schools Closed Monday and Tuesday

Good Afternoon,

I just got word that schools are closed on Monday and Tuesday in preparation for Hurricane Irma.  As we discussed briefly in class, the biggest danger for us, being so far in land, are the winds knocking down branches and possibly trees, which could cause damage and power outages, and lots of rain, causing flash flooding.  Please be careful, remain in your homes as much as possible, and stay safe.

Since we are losing 2 days of school, we will adjust our timelines and due dates, however, as I told many of you on Friday, you have your Independent Reading book and your assignment.  I hope you understand my intimation when I say, it would be a good idea to work on and complete the reading and your assignment in the next 2 days.  Many of you are almost done, which is awesome.  Some of you are behind; use this opportunity to catch up.

The first 20 people who email me and tell me which vocabulary word and which grammar point from our class I've used in this message will receive bonus points when we return.  For the grammar point, quote me and tell me what it is. Hint, there are 2 different ones.

I'm hoping Irma blows over us without incident, pun intended.  Staying safe is the most important thing.

Have a good Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment