Friday, February 12, 2016

9th Lit Grades and Work over the Break

Good Evening,

Today in class we worked on their short story narrative assignments in their Google Drives.  This assignment is due to turnitin.com before midnight on Sunday, Feb 21.  They must have someone read over their assignment and fill out the Peer Editing Sheet before they do their final submission.  This is because I don't want them to lose points due to missing a step.

The assignment, the rubric, and the peer editing forms are all on the Resources page of the blog, if they misplace their copy.

I have also assigned the students several USATestPrep.com assignments, due every Wednesday, this includes the break.  Please make sure they are doing these homework assignments as the more practice they have with the test, the better they'll do.  We'll continue to work through our test taking and problem solving strategies in class with our QotDs (which I completely forgot to collect today--they should turn those in first thing on Monday).  The students should be able to start walking you through their homework, talking about the strategies that they use on each question.

I've been thinking a lot about my 9th Lit classes and I have to say how pleased I am with the students in the class right now.  Some could definitely improve their study skills and their in class focus, but overall, they are amazing students and people.  I'm very glad they are in my class and look forward to them continuing to improve their learning, their grades, and to mature as people.  Please remind them that they do need to keep working, both in school and out, in order to become the best they can be.

Thank you for your support.  I hope you have a fantastic break!

No comments:

Post a Comment