Friday, February 5, 2016

Grades and One Week before a Break 9th Lit

Hello All,

I hope you are having a happy Friday.

I just finished updating the grades for the Road Constructed Response--it was wonderful to read your children's submissions.  They are all amazing and wonderful people with interesting histories and unique perspectives and plans.  I can't wait to see what they become as they continue to grow.

I plan to get as many of the other, smaller, classwork grades in as I can early in the week next week.  However, with the 2 major assignments in, as well as the quizzes, you should have a pretty accurate measure of how well you're child is performing in the class.  If you wish to discuss things with me specifically, I encourage you to email me.

As a head's up for next week:

Monday we'll finish "The Necklace," although if they pre-read over the weekend, they'll be better prepared for class.  We'll also introduce the Unit 3 vocabulary words.  I know that we'll have a week long break in between the introduction and the quiz, so don't forget to go over the words over the week.

Tuesday we'll get some Edgar Allen Poe background and start to read "Cask of Amontillado."  Some students read this in 8th grade, and that's okay.  We're going to go a little deeper into the story.  I will have a sub that day as I'll be in an all day meeting (fun!  Ask your student what kind of irony that is...), however, I don't give busy work.  I expect the students to work hard meet their goal by the end of the day.  They'll need to to be prepared for Wednesday.  There may be a quiz...

Wednesday-Thursday we'll finish "Cask" and prewrite for Friday.

Friday we'll be in the lab (1115) to type the next major writing grade--something about a narrative, I may have hinted?

After the break we have one last short story, then the test.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment